Touch Therapy Institute at the University of Miami reports its massage therapy studies indicate effectiveness in:
- Reducing mothers risk for premature delivery and postpartum depression; improved sleep for babies.
- Reduced pain from migraines and arthritis.
- Reduced aggression in adolescents and less hyperactivity in adolescents with ADHD.
- Greater alertness in autistic children.
- Better lung function in asthmatic children.
- Decreased glucose levels in diabetic children.
- Less stress and improved performance for employees receiving work-site massage.